Doggie Treats don’t get better, tastier or healthier than this (..and they are really easy to make!)
I think I may have found the best cookie recipes for my Siberian huskies.
I love making these treats for my huskies, who I feel are quite like cats. Considering they are primarily to live in the snow, their primary diet is mostly fish. stinky Its no surprise then that they literally go bonkers over these ”Fishy Treats”!
That apart, Huskies are known to be escape artists (or you can call it lack of training), getting their attention while outside, can be a bit tricky. These treats really help in getting their attention back.
- A can of Sardines (for a batch of 30 cookies)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 a cup of organic oats
- 2 tbs of flaxseed
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 egg
- A tablespoon of Olive Oil or Fish Oil
1. Combine all the wet and dry ingredients together and form a pliable dough. Let the dough rest a while. Pre Heat the oven to a 190°C (370°F).
2. Roll out into 1 – 1 1/2 inch sheets.
You could either use a cookie cutter or a plain old knife to carve the shapes you want.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. I usually let the cookies cool in the oven, it dries the moisture out.
5. And voila !! My little monkeys have their favourite treats.